Monday, October 01, 2007

Day off


So I took most of today off as I hadn't had a day off since last Saturday. I am still getting used to the idea that this is my home for the year and to make it more my space I hauled out all my pictures and put up my photo wall. A little different than last year but most of the same pictures. Tomorrow when I'm in Thunder Bay I'll have a few recent ones printed and add them to the collection.
Posting the pictures brought mixed emotions as I was glad for the happy memories that they brought but also hard because everyone on the wall is so far away!







I also baked bread solo for the first time in my life. Following my friend Alison's recipe I made 7 loaves and 1 dozen buns of whole wheat bread. I loved doing it and look forward to doing it again sometime. If you have a bread recipe you love please send it on for me to try!

Tomorrow starts a busy week as I go into Thunder Bay for clergy cluster and supervision and then tomorrow evening I have kids' club and confirmation (first confirmation class!). Two of the youth want to meet with me before kids' club to pitch an idea they have so I am looking forward to hearing their big idea.

Thanksgiving is this weekend and I'm not sure what my plans are. I hope that I will be invited somewhere! This is the first Thanksgiving where I haven't had good friends or family around.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Allyson said...

mnnnn that bread looks very good indeed. I'll bet it was tastey!
xx