Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm Still Here!

I just looked at my blog and was shocked to find I haven't posted in two weeks, oops! I'm back from Peru and trying to get back into the swing of things here in Saskatoon. I returned last Saturday (Jan 20) in the afternoon and came home and slept most of the weekend. Sunday afternoon my friend Shalisha arrived for a visit from Vancouver. I picked her up from the airport and we came back to my house and had a nap, yay! We had a lovely dinner Sunday evening and then came back to my house where I quickly crashed. I don't make a great host when I've just returned from a 3 week trip, sorry! Monday classes started. Fortunately Mondays are pretty relaxed for me as I don't have class until 1:30. I had also wisely got my evening library shift covered, I wouldn't have made it through the shift, too tired! Shalisha rented a car Monday morning to drive out to Carrot River and visit family and the former family farm. Monday night as I was waiting for her to come home I got a phone call from her, she had rolled her car an hour outside of Saskatoon. Fortunately she was ok and was waiting for an ambulance because she had some back pain. I met her at the hospital ER and stayed with her until 3AM when they put her in a quiet corner so she could get some sleep. The next morning I returned to take her home. All X-rays and scans were clear, yay! The snow cushioned her roll according to the paramedics who brought her in. She flew home Tuesday evening. The rest of my week has been fairly uneventful, going to classes, buying books, sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. The trip was exhausting and I'm still trying to recover. I'm also frantically trying to get CPE applications in so I have a place to do CPE this summer. It never ends. This year I just go from one thing to another with very few breaks in between! Now I need to get back to the homework I've been avoiding.

1 comments:

Kevin A. Sam said...

I do hope your friend will be okay. Are you going to post some of your pictures from Peru on your blog?