Saturday, December 15, 2007

Advent

It's been a long time since I blogged. So today I have revamped my entire blog as you can see. I lost the links I had on my previous blog so if your blog was up there and now isn't please don't take it personally just send me an email or leave me a comment and I'll add it.
I have been busy since I blogged last. Winter has definitely set in in Pass Lake. We had our first big snowstorm the night before the first Sunday in Advent and so we had no church that Sunday. Since then life has been busy with Christmas events and parties.
Advent is my favourite season. I love the idea of waiting and preparing. This year I have had lots of experience of waiting. I waited with a friend who awaited cancer test results. I also waited for baby news. A dear friend of mine gave birth yesterday morning at 3AM. Welcome to the world dear Charlotte Rose!
I learned how to embed photo slideshows in my blog so you'll be seeing more of those. The one below is pictures from the church turkey potluck that took place last Sunday. We had almost 70 people in the church hall eating together, laughing together and after supper singing together. It was a wonderful event. Last weekend was full of Christmas parties, Saturday was a rice pudding party in town, Sunday was the potluck supper and Monday was the Pass Lake Women's Institute Christmas party. Tomorrow is the third Sunday in Advent (already!) and we have a memorial service as part of the Sunday service as we say good-bye to a pioneer from the community. We also had a funeral about 10 days ago for another long time member of the community, they will be missed. Tomorrow I also have the Community Christmas party for the kids and a Christmas supper and carol service in town.
8 days from now I will be home (as long as the weather cooperates). I am looking forward to time at home. Time with friends and family, time with my home congregation and especially looking forward to meeting a little one who was still in her mom's womb the last time I was in BC.
Before that I will celebrate Christmas with this community on next Saturday night at the candlelight service. They do not have services on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and so we gather next Saturday to celebrate Christmas as a community.
I hope that this time of preparation and waiting is a very blessed one.

1 comments:

Allyson said...

Hi Kristen, love your new bloglook.
8 days and back to the wet coast. The time will fly. I hope the snowstorm we saw predicted on CBC won't be as bad as they said it would be. Hunker down. It sure sounds like you are in a thriving and friendly worshipping community. That is so good Kristen. Have a safe journey home.
Hugs and Merry Christmas.
-Allyson