Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter & Printer

Well, some have asked how I'm doing with the big storm that was heading to this part of Canada. Fortunately it's not hitting my part of Canada. It has hit Southern Ontario and is heading east. It's a beautiful day here (-11), the sun is shining and the snow is glistening. We had our big storm two weeks ago when we had to cancel the Sunday service. I'm glad the storm came through today as exactly one week from today I will be flying through Toronto to get home for the holidays.
This morning I had two more "rural ministry" experiences. I usually write my sermon at home and then come into the church early Sunday morning to print it off. This morning I came in and plugged in my computer and it printed the first two pages fine and the third page came out blank. I noticed that the second page had some sticky brownish stuff on it and I wasn't sure where that had come from. I checked the ink levels (fine) and tried again. This time another blank piece of paper came out along with a petrified fly! A few tries later (and doing some head cleaning on the printer) I got a semi-legible print out of the rest of my sermon. I guess I'll have to keep my printer covered from now on!

1 comments:

Rev. Michael Macintyre said...

Love the new look to your blog!
I'm glad to hear that Ontario's being kind to you -- hope that you have a good trip home.
Merry Christmas!