Saturday, March 25, 2006

Preaching!!!

Well I'm off to preach this morning. Yes I know it's Saturday. I'm preaching at LUMS . I did a field placement there for a couple of courses all of last year and now I just pop in when I'm able. Brian asked me a while back if I wanted to preach again and I said sure. He gave me a date and the lectionary readings and away I went. Then about a month ago I realised that it was my home congregation that was hosting the meal. So today is my first time preaching to them and my pastor will be there as well, scary! I've preached three times before but not to congregations I knew very well. This time the sermon prep was different because I knew the context these people were coming from and I felt I knew them (26 years!) long enough I could challenge them a little bit. So here goes. Had a dream last night that I forgot my alb, the people I was supposed to pick up and my sermon so it can't get much worse than that! Have a great Saturday, the sun is shining here in Vancouver and it promises to be a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Hey there Kristen! I'm glad you finally decided to start a blog! It'll be so much fun to read yours, along with Aimee's and Brent's! Love you lots!
Lisa-Marie
PS You're welcome to add a link to my blog: http://lmtcowabungasworld.blogspot.com

Lisa-Marie said...

by the way I recommend you use "word verification" so you don't get a bunch of "junk comments" on your blog...
LM-2