Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back in 'toon town

Well life continues here in Saskatoon. It's so cold here! Friday I woke up to a windchill warning, -42 with the windchill, lovely! School continues to happen. I've submitted my CPE application to Calgary and Vancouver and have submitted my internship application to the director of internship. Now it's just a waiting game. CPE (clinical pastoral education) is a chaplaincy program that is full time May - July this summer. Internship will start sometime between August 1 and September 1 and go for 9-12 months. I'm hoping to get into CPE in Vancouver but I have to get in somewhere because I have to have it before I can go on internship. So right now it's a big waiting game, a bit stressful for a control freak like me! Time is starting to fly by. Three weeks from this weekend I'll be back in Vancouver for reading week, I can't wait to see green again. The winter is really starting to get to me here.
Last night I went to the Barenaked Ladies concert, it was awesome. They have so much fun on stage you can't help but to enjoy the concert. Their music is so awesome as well.
I'm really getting frustrated with the atmosphere at school. The first couple of weeks it seemed to have improved from the end of last semester but the dark cloud over the seminary has returned and everyone is sucked into being angry and nasty to each other. I'm just tired of dealing with those kind of attitudes. I also don't appreciate being the brunt of people's grumpiness because I happen to be there. Oh well, I have lots of fun with my friends and have found a few friends outside of the seminary community that help me keep my sanity.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Kristen!
Here I am posting a comment. Wow it sounds cold there!!! If you have a free moment while here on reading week Kaleb and I would love to visit :)

Sarah said...

Hi
Sorry that the atmosphere is tough at school. Glad to hear there are people outside of the school circle that you have been able to connect with. I also hope your internship acceptance will come soon. I pray you will be prepared for whatever place it may be. And yes, it is green here...the grass is waiting for you when you come home! Cheers!

Lisa-Marie said...

Hi Kristen, just so you know I'm rooting for Calgary!! (So I can see you!!) :) ;)

Demara said...

Barenaked Ladies???Concert!!!??? What? I would love to see them in concert.
And Jesus I pray that you would lift the dark cloud of angry attitudes from off the seminary.Holy Spirit cover over it and transform it!!! Amen~