Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Waiting Game

I'm in this point in my program where it's all about waiting. I have submitted my CPE applications to both Vancouver and Calgary, have contacted them to ensure they received all the pieces (they did) and now am waiting. I have an interview with Vancouver tomorrow over a teleconference. Calgary is still accepting applications apparently even though their deadline was February 15. That works well for me because I'll hopefully hear back from Vancouver before Calgary and Vancouver is my first choice. I have to get into a summer CPE program in order to be able to do internship next year. I have another internship meeting on Thursday to find out the final list of sites and submit my first, second and third choices which the internship director will look at, consult with the sites and the faculty and make the big match which will be announced the third week of March. So right now I have no idea what my life will look like after May 1 when I finish the internship retreat (if I get into CPE that is, here's hoping!). If for some reason I don't get into CPE in Calgary or Vancouver then my life has to take a completely different turn and I have to try to get into a year long CPE program somewhere, find a part time job and do internship the year after next. I really really really don't want that to happen!
School continues to motor along. This semester is flying by. I fly home for reading week on Friday for a week away from snow, yay! I'm looking forward to spending time with family and friends, sharing stories and pictures from my Peru trip and catching up on their lives. And of course I'm going on the traditional reading week trip. Monday and Tuesday of next week Kat and I will head up the sunshine coast for two days and one night of relaxation. I can't wait!
I'm starting to wonder if the snow will ever leave Saskatoon. I'm not sure I remember what it looks like without snow. We got about another 10-15 centimetres on Friday just to reassure everyone that winter was still around. Of course the 3 feet of snow we already had was doing a good enough job of that!
Oh well, two months from now I'll be packing up my suite and heading off to wherever I go next on this wild adventure!

1 comments:

Demara said...

"Waiting" by Fireflight (Christianrock.net)

You know what's very interesting while I was reading your post here about waiting this song called: "waiting" by Fireflight was playing on an online radio station (Christianrock.net), how strange!

I hope you can get into the CPE program in Vancouver, that would be nice to get a break from the snow...I know what it's like to get sick of the white shade.

Oh and thank-YOU for the bucket of blessings!!!

And yes Mozilla's RSS Feeds work great!!! Thanks~