Friday, January 25, 2008

Some Winter Pictures

Finally got outside for a walk since it was above -20 for the first time in days today. It has been bitterly cold for about a week. Last weekend it was down to -40 with the windchill each evening. It has been a good test for my little car and block heater which it has passed with flyin colours.

This is the highway into Pass Lake and further on to the Sleeping Giant and Silver Islet. This picture is taken with the Sleeping Giant behind me and looking back towards the main highway. The road to my house is just ahead on the left (you can see the signs).













This was one tree that had fallen and made a cross with another tree, just thought it was kind of cool.

















These are the mailboxes, just thought it was a cool rustic picture. My mailbox is hidden in among the ones you can see.


















This is my neighbour's garden shed. It was a beautiful day today. You can see the blue sky, sparkling snow and beautiful green trees.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dekkah said...

I know this is random... but how did you hear of Musica Intima? They are by far my favorite Chorale Ensemble!!!

Demara said...

It does look very peaceful out there! Nice pics!