Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Almost done at VST!

Well I have one more class tomorrow and then I'm finished the lecture part of my classes at VST. I still have to write two papers, do a final exam and do an integrating oral but after tomorrow my classes are done! It has been a crazy week. Last Thursday my friend Clara had her wisdom teeth taken out and so I have been helping her out since then. Jason has been walking her dog and I've been bringing her stuff and keeping her company. She turned 25 yesterday and we celebrated with a bit of cheesecake (soft food!) and then she went back to bed (poor girl!). Then on Friday we had our VSTSA (Vancouver School of Theology Student Association) year end party. I was in charge so I did lots of running around on Friday buying food and setting up. People had a good time and it was nice to get together and party in the midst of the stress!
Oh I almost forgot the ongoing saga of a car trying to die! Last Tuesday as I was driving to school my check engine light went on and so I tried the turn off the car and then turn it back on and that didn't work. So I called my mechanic and made an appointment for the next day. After running the scan and everything they said that it was the crank shaft censor and that on Honda's that was part of the distributor so they had to replace the whole distributor. They managed to find a used one for $250 (what a deal! note the sarcasm) so Thursday went like this: drive to mechanic to drop off car, bus to school for community worship, bus back to mechanic and wait for car, drive to Kitsilano to pick up Clara, get Clara's prescriptions and take her home, go to school for weekly BBQ then back to Clara's to check on her, then to airport to pick up Kari-Ann, then at about 1AM home! What a day. Once the craziness of school is over I have to start car shopping, yuck!
Well I should head to bed so I'm awake for my last class tomorrow! Then I'm going to work hard and try and get my history paper done before the craziness of holy week services descends on Thursday!
I hope you are all doing well and finding time in the chaos of life to celebrate holy week.

0 comments: