Thursday, August 24, 2006

Time is Ticking Away

Well, in two days I get in my car and head for the hills, literally. I have been home since Monday and have been madly packing, running errands and getting ready for the big move. It hits me in waves that very soon I will be living on my own and in a completely different city. In Winnipeg I saw some friends who also will be starting at teh seminary in the fall and we have made plans to get together next week when I'm moved in. I also have another friend from Smithers who I have been emailing back and forth with and she is already in Saskatoon and so we will get together next week as well to explore the city.
My dad, Lorraine & I head out bright and early Saturday morning and drive to Calgary. Sunday morning we're going to the church where my friend Christine (VST) is the curate and another VST friend, Betty attends. Then it's on to Ikea and back on the highway for the last bit of our trip to Saskatoon. My dad will stay on Monday and help put stuff togehter, buy a bed and do a big shop to get all the supplies I need and then he'll head out on Tuesday to drive back home. Lorraine will stay a few days and then fly home. I'm really glad that both of them are coming to help me get settled in my new place.
Tonight I'm having about 30 people over for a BBQ (come on sunshine!) to say good-bye. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone but saying good-bye is going to be really hard. I just keep reminding myself that I will be back often over the next year. And if anyone wants to come visit, I have a great futon you're welcome to crash on!

0 comments: