Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Wisdom

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. It has been a week of preparing. Preparing for Winnipeg and the youth gathering there and most importantly preparing to say good bye and move to Saskatoon. I have just over two weeks left until I go and I'm getting very excited. Within those two weeks I am in Winnipeg for 8 days and so I have a lot to do in a very short time. While I'm rushing around getting ready to go I've also been spending time with friends and had many good visits with many friends.
I really believe that God puts people in our lives for specific reasons. And through out much of my life I have been blessed to have friends who have spoken wisdom to me on a regular basis. These people have been different people at different points in my life but I always seem to find that there is one specific person who speaks wisdom to me on a regular basis. Last night I went for dinner and a walk and coffee with one of those people. What a gift she has been to me over the past two years. I am grateful for all of my friends but was really struck last night how grateful I am for the friends in my life who have spoken wisdom to me over the past years. We spent 4 hours together last night talking about everything and anything. She left me with a lot to think about and with a clearer outlook on some of the aspects of my life and I am grateful for that.

0 comments: