Sunday, September 10, 2006

I have survived!

I made it through the first week of seminary at LTS! This past week we had three days of orientation and a day and a half of retreat. I've really enjoyed getting to know people and making new friends. The retreat was by far the best part of the week. It was a retreat of the three schools that make up the Saskatoon Theological Union (St. Anrew's College, United Church School; Emannuel St. Chad's College, Anglican Church School and Lutheran Theological Seminary). We went out to St. Peter's Abbey in Muenster. It is a beautiful location just over an hour out of Saskatoon. There we spent time getting to know each other and building community. The highlight for me was the small group builds of an el-cheapo kite and of course heading outside to fly them all! Tomorrow classes begin! I am taking five classes this semester and working one evening in the seminary library.
I'm still feeling slightly overwhelmed but ready to begin the year and get classes started. It's going to be a busy year. In January the cross-cultural trip goes to Peru and I will be taking part in the trip, which means about 2 weeks in Peru in January, yay! Next year I go on internship so over the next few months I'll have meetings and applications to complete. I also have to apply for CPE which I'll be doing next summer, crazy times! It's going to be a wild ride over the next few years! I'm really excited and nervous about where it will take me!
Well I'm off to clean my house, that's a downside of living alone, it's all my mess and so all me who has to clean!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like everything is working out well. How are your classes?