Friday, September 01, 2006

Settling In

Well I'm slowly getting to know Saskatoon. Today we went to a great little coffee shop in a neighbourhood near mine. Then tonight we went to a very mediocre Greek restaurant downtown. I'll definitely go back to the coffee shop but will take a pass on the Greek restaurant. Lorraine leaves tomorrow afternoon and then reality of being here alone will really hit. I have been spending some time with Barbara who is a first year student who just moved here from Smithers. We tried to organize a BC students dinner for Sunday night but so far have only had 2 no's, only one more person to hear from. I think I have almost worked out what classes I will be in. It has been two years of trying to figure it all out with the school here and we're almost there. I dropped off the last 4 course outlines that need to be transferred today and have four out of five courses registered for this semester. I just need to hear from a professor on one course and if I can get credit for that one I can take a different one. I will be working in the library on Tuesday evenings and have a class on Wednesday evenings. I miss everyone in Vancouver dearly and tomorrow I'll buy a microphone for my computer to use Skype to call people. Apparently you can call out on Skype to Canada & the US for free until the end of the year so I can use that to talk to people back home, yay! I would love to hear from you all, send me an email or something!
School starts on Tuesday evening with a BBQ and I'm hoping I'll meet lots of great people then and begin life here in Saskatoon. I've enjoyed my week off but am ready for some more structure in my life. Too many changes!

0 comments: