Monday, October 02, 2006

Not Frozen Yet

Well I just realised that I haven't posted for a week and I haven't done a real post in two weeks. I'm settling well in to life here in Saskatoon. I love my place and get along really well with my roommates. School is a bit more of a challenge not so much academically but fitting in in the community. People don't always know how to take me because it's my first year there but I'm taking first, second and third year courses. Someone today asked if I had any experience leading worship and then they were surprised to hear that we had worship at VST. I really wonder what people are hearing about VST here at LTS. Weekly girls' nights are becoming a regular event. Last Friday we played card games until about 11. I'm still looking for a church. I went to a Saturday evening contemporary service last Saturday but it wasn't quite the right fit for me so the search continues.
I have finally found out how my courses will be transferred from VST to LTS. I also have figured out when I will be taking which courses so I am much calmer about my future and finishing my degree soon!
Classes are going well. I'm enjoying them for the most part. I'm not finding them as challenging as my VST classes but I'm learning lots still.
Weather here is still nice. The torrential rains we had a few weeks ago have passed and it's sunny most of the time. I've been biking to school more which I really like. It's fantastic to be going to a school so close I can bike.
This weekend will be the first thanksgiving I haven't been home for. We're doing a house thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and I'm going to a classmate's home on Monday evening.
I'm coming home for reading week very soon and I'm looking forward to a week at home. I will also be going away for a few days with VST friends when I'm home. It will be a nice mix.
I'm sorry this is a rambling blog. I'll try to be more focused next time (probably won't happen, but i'll try!).

0 comments: