Monday, March 05, 2007

Good News!

Well I'm back in Vancouver, enoying a very rainy reading week. It's been wonderful to be here and I'm enjoying visiting with family and friends. I head off in a few minutes for a overnight getaway to the Sunshine Coast with my friend Kat. Where we'll celebrate my getting into CPE in Vancouver for the summer, wahoo! I went to a meeting with the Vancouver supervisor this morning after having a phone interview last week. While waiting for the supervisor the secretary said "so you'll be joining us this summer" and I said "well I hope to" and she pulled my file and showed me a copy of the letter she had sent late last week offering me a place in the program. It must have arrived in Saskatoon the day I left or today. So I will be doing my CPE (clinical pastoral education) at St. Paul's hospital in Vancouver this summer. I'm so excited. So nice to know I'll be in Vancouver for one more summer, I love Vancouver in the summer. Also so nice to know that I where I'll be after May 1. I'll take some pictures while I'm away and post when I get back. Right now I'm sitting in downtown Vancouver at a Blenz (coffee shop) drinking a roiboos chai and using free wireless, watching the rain fall. I'm such a west coast girl!

4 comments:

Demara said...

YAY!!! Kristen! I'm so happy for you...Congratulations~ rain is definitely better than snow anyday I think, but the humidity is better in Alberta for arthritis type symptoms-it's so much harder here on my bones-anyhow glad to see you're near by.

Nicole said...

Yippee! Congratulations :)

kinneyland said...

That's awesome, and our place is convienietly on your way home from work...

Sarah said...

Hey! I remembered my password so now i can leave comments again! Anyways..thrilled that you are going to be here this summer?! any time for camping?!! Just thought i would ask! Cheers!