Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Day in the Life

Way back when I wrote a bit about a day in the life when I transported two chickens around the community after a few power outages. Well I thought I would blog about today, no power outages but a busy day!
I agreed to take someone from the community into town (Thunder Bay) today because she doesn't have a car and needed to pick up some cedar mulch for her garden among other things. So I picked her up at 10:30 this morning and we began our trek into town. We had a great lunch at a new Chinese buffet in town first and then began our errands, Home depot for mulch which we loaded into my car in the middle of a rain downpour, Dollarama for other items, Canadian tire for a few items, clothing store to get my dress for my sister's wedding, Superstore for groceries, Shell for gas, Value Village for books and then to a little store in a neighbourhood I'd never been in to pick up marzipan and other items. Are you tired yet?
We then headed back to Pass Lake and on our way to drop off cornstarch at someone else's house we passed a car in the ditch. We stopped checked in with two other Pass Lakers who had stopped and were helping the driver (she was ok). They were just waiting with her for the cops and tow truck to arrive. We dropped off the cornstarch and headed back to drop off my passenger, passing again the accident scene. We got to my passenger's house unloaded her 8 bags of cedar mulch, groceries and other purchases, then I picked some rhubarb because she had lots and doesn't eat it, got some chives and a basil plant. On my way home I stopped at the church and made some iced tea and got some water and stopped at the accident scene to give some beverages because by this point it was hot and sunny and I'm sure they had been there for at least an hour. When I got there the tow truck had just pulled up as well. I stayed with them until the car was hooked up and pulled out of the ditch and the driver was heading back to town with her now totaled car.
Got home about 6:30 to start my sermon for tomorrow (I usually write on Fridays but that's another story)! Finished my sermon about an hour ago (going to be a short one tomorrow) and started chopping rhubarb. I now have a big pot of rhubarb on the stove stewing and a large and small crisp baking in the oven.
I think I'll sleep well tonight!
Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day which is too bad because the fire team is hosting a father's day golf tournament (with a 10AM tee time, arggh). Anyone who shows up for church will be invited to head across the parking lot for lunch at the post golf bbq at the fire hall instead of coffee in the church hall to show support for the fire hall and all their work.
Things are always interesting here in Pass Lake!

1 comments:

Demara said...

Wow I think my head is going to explode! haha How'd you do it all? Amazing! I'm glad the ditch lady is ok. And what an adventurous life you live!!!