Friday, June 20, 2008

Well I have been contemplating all day what to blog. I wanted to write something profound and reflective and I might do that in the next post but right now I'm just going to share some pictures of my garden. The woman whose house I live in (who now lives in a care home in Thunder Bay) was an avid gardener and so I am blessed to have a garden full of flowers. I have also continued the tradition and planted a vegetable garden which has just begun to sprout.
Spring here was a long time in coming so all the plants are late this year. It has also been rather wet. The last picture is of my beaver pond in my backyard. The grass line in the middle of the picture is where the water is supposed to end and if you look closely you can see the concrete lid to my well completely submerged. The beavers have once again been successful at blocking the culvert and so the water is at road level yet again.
It has been cold and rainy here and so days of sunshine like this one are most welcome. We're supposed to have thunderstorms with more rain tonight and possibly rain all weekend so I am enjoying the bright light in the sky this afternoon!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Demara said...

wow is it ever wet! I hope you don't need to access the well anytime soon. eek! and the flowers are nice. It seems like you have a nice place there.

dyannanoble said...

That looks like a really peaceful place to spend internship! Your flowers are beautiful! i've never seen yellow irises before...hope you're having fun at home and relaxing! Talk to you soon.

Me.