Monday, May 08, 2006

Convocation

I graduated today, yay! But not forever. I have now been awarded my Diploma in Christian Studies from Vancouver School of Theology. Another piece of paper to add to my collection. I wasn't planning originally to actually cross the stage for this piece of paper but I wanted to graduate from VST and since I can't get my MDiv from there I had to settle for my Diploma. It was a lot of fun. The service was at the Anglican Cathedral downtown which is a beautiful space and one I've been to frequently over the past two years. It was a lot of fun to be surrounded by friends and my parents came as well. I really wanted them to get a taste of the community I've been a part of over the past two years. I was the last person to get my diploma and the only one who is not continuing in a degree at VST. Apparently (I didn't hear it) there was a sigh of disappointment when it was announced that I was going to Saskatoon in the fall. I'm really going to miss my community at VST but I am excited about living on my own and in a new place. Summer has really begun now. I have started to come up with some summer goals. I want to go to the beach at least once a week (went on Sunday!) and I want to clear all the crap out of my life (car, room, etc.).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey if your cleaning stuff up...this church I go to is having a boot sale $ 20.00 a table. Maybe you could sell some stuff???
DJ

Anonymous said...

The beach? I live by the beach! If you ever come over to Kits beach make sure and give me a call and we can be beach bums together. I only work weekends now so I am quite free....

kortney said...

Wahoo. Congrats :D