Monday, May 22, 2006

Crazy Days

Well, it has become one of those months when just when I think things are going well something bad happens. Most of this week has been wonderful. Crazy busy (what else is new) but wonderful and then yesterday two of my close friends email me (separately) to tell me that they don't want to spend time with me anymore, lovely. Now things haven't been exactly peachy with either of them over the last little while (obviously) but I thought we could work things out, I'm still hopeful we can, only time will tell. I'm so grateful I have so many other wonderful friends. I'm really determined not to let this mess up my last summer of fun and freedom in Vancouver. I'm looking forward to a summer of fun and sun. I also have to start figuring out where I'm going to live in Saskatoon in the fall (anyone know anyone in Saskatoon with a place to rent, let me know!).
Today is my parents' 35th wedding anniversary. My siblings and I hosted a BBQ for them on Saturday afternoon and my aunt, uncle and cousin and his family came over and we had a lovely time. My sister is in town so we did some family shots with the whole family together (it happens so rarely). It went really well but was a lot of work so yesterday I just vegged at the house I was housesitting and didn't do much at all.
Tomorrow I'm doing dim sum with my sister before she flies off to Montreal on Wednesday for a conference and then getting stuff organized at the school I no longer attend for the student body I'm no longer a part of. Oh the fun! I have to help plan the set up of the new study carrel room in our new building. The one nice thing about doing this now as I'm about to leave is I won't be around to hear all the complaining (because no matter how we set it up someone will complain) in the fall.
This week I also have to prepare a sermon as I'm preaching at Our Saviour (my home church, ahhh!) on Sunday. So it's going to be a crazy busy week. I think I'm going to spend some time at the library tomorrow since I'm on campus anyways. I'll have to venture into the unknown territory of the Regent library because the VST library is closed until next week while they move into the new building.
Off to lunch with a friend and then maybe some time organizing my room, what a disaster!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Kristen. I am sorry to hear about what happened with your friends. I will be coming home in 6 weeks. We can have some fun together before you leave ok! I am already thinking of what we can do together!! Luv Sarah