Sunday, July 30, 2006

The most beautiful gift I have ever received

This is the quilt that my congregation presented to me as part of my good-bye present today at worship. It is the most beautiful gift I have ever received. On the other side everyone in the congregation has signed it and written a message for me. The children created quilt squares that are also incorporated on the other side that have either their handprint or a picture they drew. Four women in the congregation made this quilt and a similar one for Vida the other seminary student who is also going away. I am so blown away by this incredible gift. The thought, time and energy that went into this amazes me. These four women were at the church so much over the past few months. I knew they were up to something but I had no idea it was something this incredible. It was very hard to say good-bye to my home church today. I have been there for almost 27 years. They have been an incredible family to me and I will miss them a great deal. This is just the beginning of many difficult good-byes. I'm excited about Saskatoon but the reality of saying good-bye is starting to sink in.  Posted by Picasa

0 comments: