Sunday, November 05, 2006

First Week Back Highs & Lows

Reading week seems so long ago and I was reflecting on my week last night and realised that a lot has happened this week so I thought I'd post a bit of a rundown.
Monday - can't even remember, worked in the library, wrote a paper
Tuesday
Lows - felt really lonely and isolated at school, I always struggle with Tuesdays and Thursdays because of the classes I have those days but today was a particularly rough one.
Highs - came home to find out my housemate had planned a Halloween get together and wanted me to be involved as well, yay! We had pizza, monster's blood drinks and c carved pumpkins. Went out for coffee with a sem friend and we talked about everything, it was great! Got an email from a VST friend letting me know she'll be in Moose Jaw for internship starting in January, so excited!
Wednesday
Lows - another day with a friend arriving on my doorstep in tears, talked about death and dying in pastoral care and counselling
Highs - ummmm not so many
Thursday
Lows - found out I had been left out of a social event (on purpose)
Highs - fantastic workshop on anxiety in a system/community, went out for dinner with 10 other sem students and wound up at the same restaurant as the principal of the Anglican seminary who paid for our entire meal, what a surprise!
- Came home to find out my roommate had found a kitten outside (see previous post, one cat two cat George cat blue cat)
Friday
Lows - ummmm??? immunizations - see highs, overwhelmed with the amount of work to do for next week
Highs - meeting about Peru trip to learn about what immunizations we needed, realised we leave for Peru in 2 months exactly, girls' night - Settlers of Catan wahoo!
Saturday
Lows - talked to a friend and learned that she had had a miscarriage the night before - praying for you my friend.
Highs - went to a workshop on the new hymnal, looks great! Got a paper done! The temperature outside got above 0 (0.8), it's even warmer today!
So that's my week, so full of highs and lows. I guess that's why it seems to have been such a long week!

0 comments: