Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snow & Christmas CD's

Well as I've spoken to various people in Vancouver this weekend I have heard rumour that Vancouver may be getting just a bit of snow (a foot!). Well we got a bit of snow over night but not a lot. Of course the snow that we got weeks ago is still here and will be here until March probably! It was really cold here this weekend and of course that meant the perfect weekend for Saskatoon to host the Vanier Cup at their outdoor stadium! So yesterday afternoon thousands of people including my housemates bundled up and went to watch the U of S Huskies lose to the other team (Laval I think?). It was something like -21 and -36 with the windchill, yikes!
Today thanks to reading Celia's blog I found out that Sufjan Stevens had released a Christmas CD and so I called around and found a copy downtown at HMV so now I'm all set with Christmas music! I also went to Costco and bought timers so I can plug in my car tonight, it'll be the first time I ever plug in a car!
Two more weeks of classes and sooo many papers to write so I guess I better stop procrastinating and get back to it!

2 comments:

kinneyland said...

good buy, eh?
The windchill here is suppose to be -12 and everyone seems to think that is a big deal. But compared to the praries right now I think I'll take it. Especially since we get to look at snow but not have that bitter cold

kortney said...

Oh wow, is it ever cold here. Windchill in the valley is -20 and yikes! It's not the worst thing I've ever felt since I did go to CLBI (and experience Alberta cold) but man, it's definitely the worst thing ever here!