Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Windchill & Other Stuff!

Well I'm slowly learning what "windchill" means. We had a couple of days where it was beautiful out and above 0. I even walked along the river last night for an hour and was able to take my toque off for most of the walk. Well today it changed dramatically. It was -8 when I left the house this morning and when i walked across the soccer field from the parking lot to the seminary I thought my nose was going to freeze! Later in the morning I went out to go across campus to go to STU (Saskatoon Theological Union, the three seminaries together) worship at the United church seminary I didn't wear my toque, oops! Right now it is -13 and -22 with the windchill. I've never experienced such cold winds.
We had a bit more snow last night and are supposed to get more over the next couple of days, yuck! I've been asked a few times now if I'd rather be boiling my water or dealing with this weather. I would rather boil water any day! This has definitely been an interesting part of my experience here. I'm hoping to go ice skating outside this year, I've never done it in my life. I got a pair of skates for free and so I hope to try them out sometime soon.
School is getting really busy. As I lay awake last night trying to fall asleep I realised that I had 11 papers to do in the next couple of weeks. This is probably not even all of them, yikes!
Two and a half weeks of class left and then one week of exams (only 1!) and final papers (only 1!) and then I fly home on December 15. I will be home until Jan. 1 and then I head back to Saskatoon for two days and on January 3 I head to Peru! I'm really excited about this trip. I get back on January 20 and then classes start January 22. It's going to be a busy semester.
One more thing I have to do in the next couple of weeks is get my applications for CPE programs in so I can do that next summer before heading out on internship next fall.
It's already been a busy year and it's just going to keep getting busier!

1 comments:

Barry Moss said...

Hi Kristen,

I used to tell people I spent a year in Saskatchewan one January... (think about it).

Don't worry, in a few more weeks you'll be able to start making excuses like "but its a dry cold" with the best of the Saskatoon natives. :-)

Blessings,

Barry