Sunday, June 04, 2006

What's with the doves?

Well I just realised I haven't posted for a while and so I thought I'd post something about what I've been working on since I posted last. A few months ago a woman in my congregation approached me with an idea for an art installation for Pentecost. It required 400 folded paper doves, a hula hoop and some fishing line. No problem, I thought! We started folding doves and as of Monday afternoon we ended up with 268 doves (that would be after I folded 70 on Monday afternoon) so we used what we had and I spent most of this week stringing up doves. By Friday afternoon all 268 were strung and I got to hoist it up into the air!
And that would be the excitement in my life! Wahoo! Starting to think I need to work harder to find some things to do with my summer to bring a little more excitement. Otherwise work will consume me. The structure of my group of friends has changed around me and some of my summer plans have been changed as a result, soooo I'll have to be creative and come up with a new summer plan or maybe just wing it (ahhhh, I'm such a planner, I hate winging things). Who knows what's in store!
I went to the Camp Luther walk/bike/canoeathon yesterday. It was stepping into the past for me as I haven't been out there for a year and a half. It looks great, they're really working hard to make it nicer. It is definitely time for me to move on from that place though. I love it and always will. I believe that it does important ministry. It was nice to see old friends but I am definitely in a much different space now. Had a good talk with a wise friend about camp and about the church. I value those wise friends so much!
Anyways, I really need to clean my room! So I better work on that for an hour or so before I head out for a games night with friends.

2 comments:

brent said...

wise friend being mr. B.R.?

Kristen said...

most definitely