Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm in Saskatoon

Well, I made it to Saskatoon, after standing in long line ups at the Vancouver airport and a 2 hour layover in Edmonton I have made it to Saskatoon. For those who aren't up on what's happening in my life I am transferring to the seminary here from VST to finish my Masters of Divinity degree because that is what the Lutheran church requires. I have come to Saskatoon for a couple of days to see the seminary and find a place to live.
I have a rental car while i'm here which I got using my dad's airmiles (yay for dad's points!) and when I got to the desk they had to upgrade me so I am driving around Saskatoon in a ...
a Dodge Magnum. A gangsta vehicle. It's quite fun. It's a very strange car to drive because I'm in a car but I'm really high up.
I really want to find a nice place and the vacancy rates in Saskatoon are at an all time high so it really shouldn't be a problem (she says, crossing fingers, toes, eyes etc). I saw one place today that will do but wasn't ideal in any way shape or form. It was a one bedroom basement suite that was fully furnished (very old furniture) but you had to share a bathroom with the person in the other suite and the only parking was street parking and it was all wood paneling so quite dark, so tomorrow the search continues. I'm hoping wood paneling isn't the "in thing" in Saskatoon, the only other place I've seen inside pictures of also had wood paneling, yuck!
Anyways, tomorrow I go to the seminary, meet with the registrar and then continue house hunting. Think I may stop by a few churches where I know the pastors and see if they have any leads I could follow. I will post more each day because I need contact with the outside world!

1 comments:

kinneyland said...

Flounder the Saskatoon Gangsta

I never thought I'd see the day...
Happy house hunting