Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I found a place in Saskatoon!

Well, I did it, I found a great place to live in Saskatoon. I looked at three places today. Two basement apartments that would do in a pinch but not ideal and then the third was amazing! It is a basement suite in half a duplex. The house is only 4 years old and it has big windows and it's really nice and bright. There are two grad students (female) who live upstairs and the one I met was really friendly. We share all utilities including phone line if I want and cable and internet, wahoo! It's so nice. It's a one bedroom and it has a large living space with a kitchen at one end that has a brand new fridge and stove. They are going to let me use their futon (nice, solid wood) and their microwave (also nice!) because they have two and only need one upstairs. I'm feeling so much better about this whole move thing now that I have a place to live and such a nice one with really great people living above me. It's close to the grocery stores and restaurants (on 8th St.) and close to theatres and cultural stuff (on Broadway) and fairly close to the school but in a quiet neighbourhood. I have a parking spot on the driveway. I can' t believe I found it on my first day out looking. Now I have to figure out what to do all day tomorrow. My friend Barb is coming up from Moose Jaw tomorrow night and so I have the whole day to enjoy Saskatoon. I'll post pictures of my place once I get home because I forgot my card reader for the memory card at home. Don't worry I'll take lots of pictures.

4 comments:

Murray said...

I'm glad you (apparently?) found a non-wood-panelled place. Sounds awesome.

And the Magnum is totally you. I think you should buy one. Can your dad's points buy cars as well as rent them? Because that would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Right on, Kristen! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

It sounds great, Kristen!

kortney said...

Eagerly awaiting pictures :)