Monday, June 05, 2006

Just a battery, off to the beach!

Well life has definitely been more fun in the last 24 hours than it was all of last week. Last night I went to a friend's place and we played games until late. It was so nice. We played Settlers of Catan (now I now what everyone is talking about, great game!) and then Phase 10 (lots of fun too!). I decided that I wasn't going to go into the church today as I was there all last week some days up to 12 hours. So I slept in and then went to school to go for lunch with a couple of friends. When I got back a few other friends were hanging around the coffee shop and so I joined them. A little while later who should walk in but my crazy thesis writing friend Kat! We had a lovely impromptu coffee date and then I decided I had procrastinated enough it was time to come home and face the music with my car situation.
My car hasn't started since Friday morning and I went through all the stages of panic as the dollar signs were popping into my head. After consulting some friends I came to the conclusion it might be my battery which wouldn't be so bad in the scheme of things. So I called BCAA and 20 minutes later the BCAA guy showed up and is right now putting in a new battery. This means that I don't have to have it towed nor do I need to put hundreds of dollars into my car, yay!
Later this evening I'm heading down to the beach with another VST friend who I ran into today at school (yeah, we're all sick, don't even have classes and we still hang around the school!). It's sooo beautiful tonight. Have to get out and enjoy the sunshine before it disappears again.
I'm thinking that I really need to go and get my summer clothes out of storage. I am wearing jeans today and it's just too warm!
Anyways, car is done and ready to go, have to go call my friend and arrange plans for the evening!

1 comments:

Murray said...

Glad it's just the battery! See you soon.