Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Living in the la vida limbo

I feel like I'm living in an in between time. When I preached on ascension I talked about this and compared it to how the disciples must have been feeling after Jesus left them and they were waiting for the Spirit that had been promised to come down. I am done at VST and almost done at both of my jobs. At both jobs I sit on the search committee for replacements for me, weird! I continue to attend synod and church meetings knowing that most of what they're talking about will take place when I'm already in Saskatoon. So in a couple of months I move to a place I've never been, living in a place I haven't found yet, going to a school I have yet to see. Feeling kind of strange.
I told my spiritual director that in some ways I wish I was already there and he was worried I was saying I wanted to run away from the chaos at VST but I explained I didn't want to run away from it but that I knew I wouldn't be there in the fall when things get really crazy and so it's hard to be around but not really. I feel like it would be better to just be gone.
Though I am really enjoying my summer on the coast. I love Vancouver in the summer. I went to the dragon boat festival last weekend, which was great until the rain came tumbling down! This weekend the jazz fest starts and the World Urban Forum and the Peace Forum is this week so much to do in Vancouver in the summer!
And it's my birthday this week too. Thursday I am not going into work (yay!). I am going to lunch with a friend and then to a spa for pedicures with another friend and finally to a BBQ with a whole bunch of friends. I think it will be a lovely day! I also have to renew my driver's license this year, crappy $75 I don't have!
Next week I head to Saskatoon for a few days to meet with the registrar at my new school and check out some accomodation options. I feel all grown up as I'm renting a car for the first time in my life (oh except for when I had my rental after my accident but that was an ICBC thing and not a vacation rental!). I'm going all alone and looking forward to the adventure. I checked with the place I'm staying and they have wireless so I'll be sure to post from there too!

Hope you're all having a great week!

0 comments: