Friday, July 21, 2006

Now comes the chaos!

Well I have had lots of fun enjoying summer in Vancouver getting ready for events that are upcoming and now the events have arrived. On Monday Vacation Bible School starts and the week after that I have to go to confirmation camp for two days then I have a week of packing and stuff before I leave for Winnipeg on the 13th, coming home on the 21st to pack up vehicle(s?) and head to Saskatoon a few days later. I have had so much fun these last few weeks spending lots of time with friends and doing fun Vancouver stuff. I hope to fit a little more in but I know the next few weeks are going to fly by! I'm getting really excited about Saskatoon. I'm trying to figure out what house stuff I have to buy and tomorrow I get boxes from my friend and can start packing. I've been having lots of fun emailing back and forth with a friend from Smithers who will also be starting in Saskatoon in the fall. We've been sharing moving tips and ideas for where to live. She goes soon to find a place. I'm glad she'll be there when I get there and we can figure out this living in Saskatoon thing together!
This week I spent lots of time at VST. It has been nice to feel comfortable at the school again after a few times of going in to the school and having a really negative reaction to being in the space (reasons why aren't public yet but will be made public in the fall, nothing happened to me but just other crappy stuff happening at the school). I saw lots of friends who were taking classes and spent lots of time with Kat.
I'm trying to be more intentional of getting together with friends before I leave because I know the next month will just fly by and then I will be in Saskatoon. So if you want to hang out send me an email or give me a call. I may have a big BBQ at some point just so I can say goodbye to more people. The goodbyes are slowly starting to happen, I had my last spiritual direction session on Tuesday and said goodbye to Jamie there. Next Sunday (July 30) is my big goodbye party at the church which will be very hard. And the goodbyes will be coming all the time after that.
Well I should go to work and keep working on getting ready for VBS. I have to go to a congregation member's home to look at his train memorabilia that he will lend us for decorating for the "Gospel Express" which is the theme of this year's VBS. I'm really hoping the heat will die down for Monday otherwise it will be a very long week!

0 comments: