Monday, July 10, 2006

Roadtrip!

Jessica and I went up to Barkerville this past weekend to visit our friends Andrew & David (all VST people for those of you who were wondering). We had a great time. We left on Thursday right after Jessica got out of class and made it to Williams Lake where her sister lived. We crashed there for the night and I got to meet her sister and three nieces in the morning. We then headed the rest of the way up to Barkerville and had a great day and a half visiting with Andrew & David before we began the drive home on Sunday.
It has been so nice to spend time with VST people this summer outside of the craziness of the school year. I was really glad to get to see Andrew & David again before I moved. I didn't think that was going to be able to happen.
One thing that really shocked me on the trip was the impact that the pine beetle has been having on forests in BC. I know it's been on the news for the last few years but until you see the hillsides covered in brown and red trees for yourself you don't actually realise the full impact of this pest.
Today I went to VST and was overwhelmed by people and so Clara and I took off and had lunch off campus. Tonight was apartment church and now I'm about to hit the sack, I'm zonked.
Tomorrow I am seeing Sarah who just got back from a semester in Ghana, I can't wait to see her. I also have to wash the van we took to Barkerville and unpack the last little bit of stuff. Oh and I guess I should go to work for a bit.
I will post pictures from the Barkerville trip when I find my card reader for my digital camera.

0 comments: